1. Waxy Cuticle - Forms a waterproof layer to stop any loss of water.
2. Upper Epidermis - Consisting of epidermal cells. These have no chloroplasts.
3. Palisade cells - These contain lots of chloroplasts, which contain lot of chlorophyll. This is where photosynthesis is carried out.
4. Spongy Mesophyll Layer
5. Air Spaces - allow for diffusion of water vapour etc...
6. Guard Cells - These form stomata (pores) which allow for the diffusion of gases in and out of the plant.
7. Leaf Vein - containing xylem and phloem tubes.